Well, 2018 is upon us and we have come up with 10 realistic resolutions that may just give you the boost you need to welcome in the New Year…
1. Gather photos – take one picture each month in a really interesting place
2. Break a record – I don’t mean sit on a vinyl, but you get the picture
3. Learn something new – pick up that instrument you’ve always wanted to play!
4. Try new food – force yourself to eat something new every week
5. Make the unusual the usual – challenge yourself to do something completely different at least once a month
6. Good deeds – put yourself out to help that old lady struggling with her shopping trolley… go on
7. Start saving – whether it be for that handbag, holiday or car, save up and TREAT YO’SELF
8. Quit the bad habits – whether that’s smoking, being too hard on yourself or eating too much chocolate, NOW is the time!
9. Let go of the phone – just put it down for at least 3 hours a day, it’s really not that hard…
10. A walk-a-day – make an effort to go on 1 walk everyday, it doesn’t have to be 5 hours long, 15 minutes will do just nicely!
And last but not least, concentrate on having a good one – whether you’re spending this New Year with family, friends, strangers down at the pub or just your cat – we wish you a very Happy New Year!
So, it’s Sunday evening again, the weekend has flown and you’re left sat on couch wondering where the time went. Have a go at following these simple steps to try and banish those Sunday evening and Monday morning blues.
- Clear your work space – before leaving the office on a Friyay just clear your own desk. This will allow you to walk into work feeling free of last week’s shenanigans and ready to take on a new week.
- Write things down – sometimes there is nothing better than sitting down and clearing your mind of endless to-do lists, freeing up some space in your head for all the stuff you truly enjoy.
- Make the most of your weekends – whether it’s spending time with friends or family, doing some exercise or just relaxing, make the effort to use of every second of your weekend by planning and doing different things – although this is definitely easier said than done…
- Get yourself organised earlier – make sure that just before you sit down with a well earned take-away or glass of wine on a Friday evening, that you have prepped your work bag ready for the start of the working week. This way, you will completely switch off and relax.
- Change your perspective – instead of looking at a Monday morning as another day to drag yourself out of bed, try and change your mindset so that you’re ready to take on the week. Leave last week’s nightmare where it belongs and concentrate on making this one more successful!
Give these 5 simple steps a try and you will, hopefully, feel a lot better about parting from your warm and cosy bed on a Monday morning…